Skip to main content

Friday Favorites 2-2-2024



It's Friday again! Our weather in Iowa has been much nicer to us this week, and I'm so glad to be welcoming the weekend. I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to share some favorites from the week!

The first favorite...

is this glorious weather. I am so thankful that we don't have snow or frigid temperatures in the near future! While I'm certain we haven't seen the last of the winter weather, I am enjoying this nice repreve.

I was able to crack my classroom windows, and while my kids were at specials I could hear the birds chirping! Such a little thing, but believe me, it brought lots of joy. 

We celebrated Jack's 8 month birthday on the 1st, and look at this sweet picture! I really enjoy this stage in development. He is so curious, and his personality is really starting to come out.  SO much fun! 

Look at this sweet memory! This photo was taken the first few days we got our puppy Roo two years ago. She was so tiny! 


Here she is now, catching some snuggles with her little brother. 😉 When we first got her, Sammy was 3. Our vet told us to let Sammy touch her, carry her, and play with her as much as possible. As a result, Roo was raised like she was a 3 year old boy, and she couldn't be more gentle and playful. Haha! 


I snapped this photo last Friday, and it's one of my favorites. I love it when I can find the boys matching shirts, and it's only a bonus when they're seasonal! 

Sammy's FAVORITE thing was basketball camp this week! He was so excited to show me his new shirt when he got home from practice. 


Anyone else love a Subway sandwich? There is one very near my school, so it's a quick lunch option on days I don't have one. Also I love salt and vinegar chips. They are a guilty pleasure for sure. 

That's all for this week! This weekend we don't have much planned and I am here for it. See you back here on Monday! XX

Catch up on this week's blog posts: 

Weekend Recap

Chicken Spaghetti

What's Up Wednesday [January]

Eight Months of Jackson Nicholas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...