Skip to main content

Friday Favorites [7-12-2024]

 


As summer continues on, I am finding these weeks are passing even more quickly! I can't believe that we're just about halfway through July. I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea to share some favorites from the week. Here we go! 

First up...Vacation Bible School for Sammy! It was his first year attending, and it was from 9:00-2:30 each day. That's a long day for a little boy! Each day he'd come home hungry and exhausted, and I'm pretty sure it was a glimpse of what starting Kindergarten will be like. 😉 Overall it was a great experience for him! I'm glad he has the weekend to recover and have some down time. 

While Sammy was gone at VBS, Jack had...all the appointments. Womp womp. He had his first dental visit, a pediatrician appointment, and an appointment with his food allergy dietitian. He was a little trooper through it all! 

Matching outfits will always be a favorite of mine. I loved my boys looking handsome in their matching Mickey Mouse polos! I've been adding new Mickey shirts to the boys' wardrobe in preparation for a little surprise trip we have planned for them in December. Shhh. 😉


BLTs and Iowa sweet corn is one of my very favorite meals of the summer! Especially when I make the sandwich using homemade sourdough. 

The boys love the sweet corn, too. 


One last favorite from the week is this picture of the boys from our church's pool party last night! They love any chance they get to swim. 

That's it for today! I'll see you back here on Monday. Have a great weekend! XX

Catch up on this week's blog posts here: 

Life Lately

Dinner Last Night...

Mid-Week Update

Comments

  1. Summer always seems to fly over so quickly!
    Aww! It sounds like Bible School has been a great experience for Sammy. What a busy time for Jack. What a star he is! The matching outfits are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love any opportunity to have my boys match! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...