Skip to main content

Friday Favorites [5-10-2024]

 


It's Friday and I couldn't be anymore excited about the upcoming weekend! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika to share some of my Friday Favorites from the week. Settle in, I've got lots of them this week! 

This week was Teacher Appreciation week, and we were spoiled by our PTA. There were an abundance of treats and drinks all week long! My favorite little gift came from one of my students. It was this cute basket filled with all of my favorite things...so thoughtful!


It was Grandparents Day at Sammy's preschool on Monday. He was such a lucky little boy to have both sets of grandparents there with him! 

I snapped this picture of my boys before we went to church on Saturday night. We love an opportunity to match, especially when Bluey is involved. 😉


On Sunday my dad filled a raised garden bed for us, and it involved moving around some dirt. Sammy couldn't have been more thrilled. He ran up to the door and made me admire his worm. Look at that smile! You can tell he was mid-laugh. Haha. 

I used my sourdough discard to make THE BEST pizza crust ever. It was so good! We topped it with sweet Italian sausage, green peppers and red onion and it was perfection. 

Tornado sirens going off at 1AM are NOT our favorite. Look at those sleepy faces! We've had a couple of weeks with severe storms (always occuring in the middle of the night!) and I'm ready for a reprieve. 


I am loving that the boys are able to play more and more with each other. Sammy loves to make Jack laugh, and Jack is always pretty close in proximity to his brother. I hope it continues!


Dustin and Sammy went to an iCubs game on Thursday and had a great time together! Sammy got called onto the field to play a game and I think he ate everything being sold in the concession stand. I love the picture of the two of them! 

That's it for today, I hope everyone has a Happy Mother's Day this weekend! See you back here on Monday. XX

Catch up on this week's blog posts here: 

Yay for Eggs!

Closing Time...

Back tomorrow :)

Egg Roll in a Bowl


Comments

  1. I love that so many school join in with Teacher Appreciation week. How wonderful, teachers are amazing people!
    Oh gosh, the storms sound like such a worry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...