Skip to main content

Friday Favorites 11-17-2023


How in the world is Thanksgiving next week?! November is absolutely flying by. I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika to share some favorites from the week!


One of my very FAVORITE things in the world happened this weekend. Dustin got off work, stopped at Starbucks and I got a festive morning delivery. It's the best start to my day! 


I made a few chicken pot pies over the weekend and stuck one in the freezer. It's always such a good feeling knowing that a homemade meal is prepped and ready to go! You can't beat comfort food this time of year.

Speaking of comfort food, have you ever tried a ham ball? We had some for dinner on Sunday with cheesy potatoes. They're a staple meal in Iowa! I shared my recipe here. Notice my Christmas plate being all festive underneath. 😉


Last weekend was glorious - we had two days with very few plans. It was so nice to be cozy at home! I put Sammy's Christmas sheets on his bed, and he couldn't have been more excited to climb into bed on Saturday night. 


Sammy is absolutely our early-riser (like me) and Jack is more of our late sleeper (like Dustin). Isn't it funny how that works out?! Sammy is always so excited to get Jack out of bed in the morning. Sweet brother hugs are a favorite of mine. 😊


Jack had his first tastes of solid food this week! He tried oatmeal and has been pretty indifferent to it. We tried avocado on Thursday and he was a little more interested...a little more made it into his mouth. 😉


Jack has absolutely found his feet this week. He has been trying to grab them every chance he gets! 


Christmas shopping is in full force around here. Poor Dustin opens the door to a package or two almost every single day. 😂 Earlier this week I shared Stocking Stuffer Ideas for babies 0-12 months. I'd love to know if you'd add anything to this list!

That's all for today, see you back here on Monday! XX

Catch up on this week's blog posts here: 








Comments

  1. I love having prepared meals all ready to go in the freezer; it is such a good feeling. Your boys are adorable. All 3 of mine were early risers but now that they're teens no one gets up early unless they have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the days we can sleep in a bit more at our house! Although I'm certain I'll miss that quiet time with the boys in the morning. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...