Skip to main content

Friday Favorites 10-13-2023

 

Whew! I feel like I am absolutely crawling to the finish line today. It's been rainy in Iowa this week (which means inside recess for my first grade students), and it's been a busy week of lots of after school "things." I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for Friday Favorites. 😊

My Aunt Becky was in town visiting last weekend and we really enjoyed our time together! She wanted to get Sammy a new pair of shoes for his birthday and he picked out these Nike shoes. Aunt Becky snuck in a matching pair for Baby Jack. You know I love a matching moment. THE CUTEST! 

Speaking of Sammy, he is going to turn FIVE this week! Here' a little flashback of Baby Sammy. I cannot wait to celebrate this sweet boy. He had a difficult time deciding on a theme (Hot Wheels) and the menu (right now, spaghetti 😂) for his family birthday party, but I think we've finally settled on both. His four year old year has been a year of tremendous growth for him. I can't believe we'll have a five year old! 



Last weekend the weather turned in Iowa and it feels like fall. We had a bonfire in "Papa's Woods" and ate way too many s'mores to count. So much fun! 

A turn in the weather meant that it was time to pull out the jackets and coats. This hat was a hand-me-down from Sammy and I could hardly wait to put it on him. I could just eat him up! 


Here is baby Sammy in the same hat. You could say these two boys are related. 😉

We picked up a "Spooky Halloween" house kit from Trader Joe's and Sammy was so excited to assemble it! I think he probably ate half the jelly beans during the construction phase. 

I made my sausage/potato/kale soup this week and loved eating the leftovers throughout the week. Soup weather is a favorite of mine! 

That's all for this week! This weekend we have a neighborhood party, church, and the normal weekend "chores" to do. I'm anticipating this being a big part of my weekend. 😉 See you back here on Monday! 

Catch up on this week's blog posts here:

Sausage/Kale/Potato Soup

Apple Butter Sliders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...