Skip to main content

Apple-Scotch Cookies

On Monday I declared the start of the school year as the "Unofficial" start of fall, so it's about time I shared a recipe to mark the occasion. 🍁

These cookies are chewy, cakey, and bursting with the flavors of apple, butterscotch and cinnamon, I wanted to eat them for breakfast and I wanted them for dessert with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of butterscotch syrup. I'll be making these cookies again! 

Apple-Scotch Cookies

Serves: about 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature

3/4 cup light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 apple, peeled and grated (I used Honeycrisp)

1 tsp cinnamon 

1 tsp maple or vanilla extract

1 cup flour

1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats (see note below)

1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

Directions:

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat your softened butter and light brown sugar together until light and fluffy - about 2 minutes. 
  3. Mix in your eggs, one at a time.
  4. Mix in your grated apple, cinnamon, and vanilla or maple extract. 
  5. Next, add in your baking powder and salt and mix until evenly distributed. 
  6. Lastly, mix in your flour and old fashioned oats. Mix in your butterscotch chips by hand until evenly distributed. 
  7. Use a small cookie scoop to place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake until golden brown along the edges. Let the cookies cool on the cooking sheets for a few minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely. 
  8. That's it! These cookies are fall in cookie form. 
*Note - You may need to add an additional 1/4-1/2 cups of oats to the batter if you get a particularly "juicy" apple. If the batter feels to loose, add in more oats until it can hold its shape when scooped. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...