Skip to main content

Life lately.

I wrote the date on the whiteboard at school, and couldn't believe that May is (nearly) halfway over! In some ways it feels like May will last forever, but in other ways, it seems like this school year has flown since returning from maternity leave in September. I figured it was time for another "life lately" to share a bit about what's going on in our life. 

The days of preschool are dwindling down for the year for Sammy, and I am finding myself feeling pretty emotional about it. I'm not sure that I want this chapter to be closed! He is seeming so grown up these days. This picture is from the beginning of the shcool year, and I think he's grown 2 inches since then. 


Sammy is excited about summer, but I know he'll miss his preschool friends and childcare friends. He shares that he's excited to be at home with me over the summer, and I'm excited for that too. He's been very into Spiderman lately, and I love it. Haha. 

Sammy starts t-ball tonight, and we're excited! He has a few weeks of practice before officially starting games. My mom reports that watching t-ball is a bit like watching paint dry, but I'm certain he'll look pretty cute playing. 😉

Jack is on the go! He is a really fast crawler and is pulling himself up on furniture well. He can also conquer the stairs. I think baby gates will need to get put up for the sake of my sanity this summer. Haha. 

He's up to 13 safe foods which feels so exciting to us! We've been busy planning his first birthday party, and are looking forward to celebrating him next month. Last time this year I was teaching between contractions (I had them for weeks!) and bringing ice pops out to recess in an attempt to stay cool, and this year I'm busy chasing him around! Ugh. The days are so long, but the years are so short. 


This summer we don't have any big trips planned. Summers are usually very busy at the police department, but we will make the most out of Dustin's off days. Last weekend he was off, and we went for a walk at 10AM and it made me so excited for summer. I'm ready for it! 

That's a little bit of life lately in our home. 😊 Have a happy Tuesday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...