Skip to main content

Friday Favorites [3-15-2024]

Happy Friday! I CAN'T BELIEVE Spring Break is over! Spring Break landed early this year, but I know that summer break will be here before we know it. 

I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika to share some favorites from the week. Here we go!

Quite honestly, this has been one of the BEST parts about Spring Break. Dustin has been off this week so we've been letting the kids be our alarm clock. 😉 We've been taking turns sleeping in (and by sleeping in, I mean like 7:30AM haha) so we've gotten some really nice rest this week. You don't realize how tired and run down you are until you get a chance to get some good sleep! 

Our highlight from the week was our trip on Wednesday to the Omaha Zoo. We left on Wednesday morning, and it took a little over two hours to get there. We just did a day trip and it was a full day! 





We loved seeing all of the animals. 

Sammy loved the aquarium the best. 

And Jack loved the penguins. He would track them with his eyes and kick his legs with excitement! 

The Omaha Zoo was super family friendly, and totally designed for kids to enjoy. Some of the theming was reminiscient of Animal Kingdom at Disney World, and it made us a little homesick for our next Disney trip. Haha. A highlight from the trip was also a stop at Sonic on the way home. I had a "dirty" Diet Dr. Pepper and my life has been changed. Why was it so delicious?! 😅

I picked up a little "Leprechaun Trap" at Party City, and Sammy was so excited to put it together! He can't wait for green pancakes on Sunday morning. 

Sammy and Dustin went fishing this week and Sammy finally caught his first fish of the season. He caught some "blue gails" and was so happy to send me some pictures. 

Another favorite from the week was this Hawaiian Chicken. We grilled up chicken, peppers, red onion, and added in some pineapple. Then we topped with a homemade sweet-sour sauce and served it up over rice. It was so good! 

New Little Sleepies PJS + an ice cream cone are one of the best things in life. 😉 Our small town ice cream shop is open for the season and I'm embarrassed to share how many times we've been so far! 

This avocado-face is always a favorite of mine. Sammy said, "his face and his outfit match!"  Haha. 

Overall it was a great week at home with my people. Spring Break always makes me SO READY for summer...time to start the countdown. 😉 Happy weekend!

Catch up on this week's blog posts here: 

What's on the Menu...

Hawaiian Chicken

First Catch of the Season


Comments

  1. Getting good rest makes such a difference! It looks like you all had an amazing week. Great catch for your little guy! My boys love catching bluegills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He couldn't have been more excited to finally catch something!

      Delete
  2. Ahh! It's nice when you can switch the alarm clocks off. It sounds like you had a good week. The zoo trip sounds like a fantastic day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great week! I'm not looking forward to setting those alarm clocks tonight. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, sleeping in is an amazing feeling (and yeah, 7:30 is about the latest we go in this family too... and I have teens!). We went to the Omaha zoo a few years ago on our way through the state and we loved it. It was such a fabulous zoo and it reminded me a bit of animal kingdom at WDW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I thought the same! Like I said - it made me a little homesick for Disney! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [3-1-2024]

  It's Friday and I'm here sharing my favorites from the week. As usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika . Here we go!  My very first favorite is that Jack is 9 months old today! I can't believe he's been "out" for as long as I was pregnant with him. 😊 He is the happiest little baby, and we just can't imagine life without him. I shared a little monthly update on the blog today as well.  Another favorite is that Sammy lost his second tooth over the weekend. He pulled it out himself! I told him that pretty soon he won't have any teeth left. 😉 An easy sheet meal dinner was perfect for our Wednesday night. I took some italian chicken sausage, sweet potato gnocchi, and green beans, plus a little olive oil and seasonings and roasted it up for about 20 minutes. Sammy loves chicken sausages, so a fuss-free dinner is always a win in my book.  We put out some St. Patrick's Day books over the weekend and have been enjoying reading them. I keep a

Friday Favorites [4-5-2024]

  Hello, Friday. It's always nice to see you. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from my week. Here we go!  My first favorites are these sweet Easter pictures. We had a fun weekend celebrating! I love any reason for my little boys to get dressed up and get a cute picture. 😉 Another favorite on April 1st was celebrating Jack's 10 month birthday! I can't believe in two months he will be one. I loved this picture showing off his top two teeth.  3 years ago, my family was at one of our favorite places...Disney World! We went to Florida over Easter in 2021 with my extended family and it was a fun little trip. This trip was rescheduled from March of 2020, and I love seeing all of the memories from our trip. Sammy looks SO LITTLE.  In this picture we were riding Dumbo. I remember that Sammy got off the ride and promptly asked to go again. Haha.  We made my  Easy Weeknight Tostadas  on Tuesday of this week and they were a hit! We loved this eas

Friday Favorites 11-17-2023

How in the world is Thanksgiving next week?! November is absolutely flying by. I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week! One of my very FAVORITE things in the world happened this weekend. Dustin got off work, stopped at Starbucks and I got a festive morning delivery. It's the best start to my day!  I made a few chicken pot pies over the weekend and stuck one in the freezer. It's always such a good feeling knowing that a homemade meal is prepped and ready to go! You can't beat comfort food this time of year. Speaking of comfort food, have you ever tried a ham ball? We had some for dinner on Sunday with cheesy potatoes. They're a staple meal in Iowa! I shared my recipe  here . Notice my Christmas plate being all festive underneath. 😉 Last weekend was glorious - we had two days with very few plans. It was so nice to be cozy at home! I put Sammy's Christmas sheets on his bed, and he couldn't have been more excited to climb