Skip to main content

Things I'm ready for...

Does anybody feel like the month of January is 19458 days long? I saw this the other day and it made me cackle:


So true, right?

I love January, but I am looking forward to lots in the months ahead. In no particular order, here's what I'm excited for: 

1. Fresh Foods 


I am SO looking forward to the ease of cooking in the spring and summer months. I feel like dinner prep is so much easier when it's warmer AND requires less ingredients. Many nights dinner is as simple as grilling up a protein with a salad or vegetable on the side. I love the cozy meals during Fall and Winter, but I do look forward to the fresh and lighter meals that Spring and Summer bring. 

2. More sunshine

June, 2022
I am READY for there to be sunshine after the hour of 5PM and in the mornings. This photo was taken at 7AM in June 0f 2022. Ugh. Pajamas and donuts on our patio in the morning?! I'm ready for that again! 

3. Being outside

July, 2022

July, 2023

I didn't realize until it got chilly how often we took walks outside in the afternoons or mornings. It is going to be so nice to get back in the routine of regular walks, and just spending more time outside. I'm tired of being cooped up! 

4. Cold and Flu season to be over


It seems like I have been wiping SOMEBODY's nose since October. Our family vitamin lineup is intense. 😅 I think between the four of us, there are 8 bottles of vitamins and supplements that we take daily. I'm ready for cold and flu season to be over, and health to follow. 

5. My garden 

August, 2022

I didn't have much of a garden last year since Jack was born on June 1st. We only planted sugar snap peas (Sammy's favorite!) and cucumbers. I'm so excited to have a bigger garden and to plant tomatoes this year. Tomatoes fresh from the garden are one of the best treats of summer. 

Spring will be here soon enough...right?! 😉




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...