Skip to main content

A little bit of Life Lately...

It's November 9th, and it baffles me to think that next week we will be halfway through the month of November. Time goes so quickly! 

I wanted to share a few things about life lately at the Brisel household. 😊

We recently transitioned Jack to sleeping in his crib all night long, rather than in the crib or bassinet in our bedroom. He has had a few rough nights of sleep, but for the most part has done really well. Maybe it's because Dustin works overnights, but I really miss Jack's company in our room at night! I know he is much more comfortable in his crib though - there's a lot more room to spread out. 😉

Sammy had a dentist appointment this week for his regularly scheduled cleaning. The dentist found that Sammy is already getting his six year old molars (one is completely through, the other is on it's way through)...and Sammy just turned 5. There was a period of about 2 weeks that Sammy really struggled sleeping at night (no sleep seems to be a theme at the Brisel house 😂) and I'm guessing that was when his molar was coming through. Poor buddy! 

Jack is starting to practice sitting up, and is getting pretty good at it! He can sit up for a few seconds unassisted. You can tell he is really concentrating when he sits. It's pretty hard work. 😉


We put our Christmas tree up this weekend and did some decorating. I know it seems early, but Dustin works pretty much every weekend between now and Christmas - plus, we needed some twinkle lights in our lives. 😉 Jack loves to look at the tree and Sammy is so excited about the upcoming season. 


I've done a little shopping for Christmas, but I need to kick it into high gear. Pretty soon this is going to be the reality at our house. Haha! I don't love to be a last minute shopper. I like a lot of time to be really thoughtful about the gifts given, and I absolutely LOVE wrapping them. My favorite thing is to turn on a really great Christmas movie, pour a little glass of something tasty, and wrap gifts. 

That's all for today...see you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites! XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...