Skip to main content

Friday Favorites 9-1-2023

 




Happy Friday! Today I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika to share some Friday Favorites from the week. 


ENOUGH SAID. The "ber" months have arrived, and they are some of my favorite months of the year! Bring on the sweaters, pumpkins and twinkle lights.



We put up the fall decorations this week and it's brought me plenty of joy! My house also smells like a pumpkin patch thanks to my hand soaps, candles and scent ports. Pumpkin spice is such a cozy scent - I don't think anything else compares. 


The boys got fresh haircuts this week and a clean-cut boy is my absolute
 favorite. He's all set for preschool starting next week! 



My FAVORITE baby boy turns three months old today! It's so hard to believe, and it's crazy how I can't imagine life without him. Also I absolutely cannot with the scrunchy nose smile. I love it! 


Nothing tastes quite as delicious as that first Starbucks pumpkin drink of the year. I enjoy the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew this time of year when it's still hot outside, but I'll switch to a hot coffee with a pump of pumpkin and a splash of half and half when it gets cooler. 

I used apple butter in two different ways this week: Apple Butter Oatmeal cookies and Apple Butter Ham sliders. Both were delish! Recipes for both are coming soon...😉

Cooler mornings mean a return of walks and scooter rides with my boys. We've had this stroller since 2019 and it chuckles to make me think of the amount of miles we've put on it. Between several vacations and daily walks for about 4 summers, it has to be several hundred, 

I'm off for a much needed pedicure and dinner with a friend. Have the best Friday! XX

Catch up on this week's blog posts here: 

Family Favorite Fall Books

What's Up Wednesday

Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...