Skip to main content

Nursery Remodel



    We recently wrapped up our remodel of the nursery for our new family addition and I am in LOVE! In our home we have four bedrooms, and made one bedroom the dedicated "nursery." We installed special organizers in the closet that have drawers that fit infant items (think swaddles, onesies, burb rags, and bibs) much better than big boy items. So, when we moved Sammy to a big boy bed, he switched bedrooms entirely and left the nursery empty for our next child. 

    Sammy's nursery was puppy dog themed and I really loved it! We used lots of navy blue, white and gray in the decorations. Here are some photos: 



And here's an after picture! I really love this new space. 



    Even though we found out we were having another boy I was still excited to make some updates. You spend a lot of hours in that rocking chair the first year of the baby's life nursing and rocking the baby to sleep, so I wanted to freshen things up a bit. 

    We decided to install board and batten walls and repaint the room. We picked Sherwin Williams Alabaster White for the top half and ceiling, and Sherwin Williams Pewter Green for the bottom. Dustin painted and one afternoon he and my dad installed the wood. We got large pieces of lattice wood at Home Depot and Dustin cut them to size. They installed the board and batten horizontally across the perimeter of the room, then installed the vertical pieces along the studs. It seemed to go pretty quickly! We also installed (by "we," I mean my dad and Dustin), a new ceiling fan light fixture. Big brother Sammy got a matching ceiling fan installed in his room as well. 

    We went with more of a green and neutral color palette and jungle animal theme this time around. We hung these sweet animal photos above the changing table. The baskets under the changing table were updated and hold all the baby necessities - diapers, wipes, lotions, etc..

    We kept all the same furniture but added a new end table. An end table next to your rocker is necessary for a nursing mama - it has to hold your water. :) A sweet touch is the white blanket on the back of the rocker. Before my maternal grandma died, she crocheted enough baby blankets for each of her grandchildren to give to their babies. 

    My dad made these bookshelves for the room as well. He is a pretty talented woodworker and always signs and dates whatever he makes on the back. It's super special for this baby to have something made by his Papa in his nursery.

    Lots of sweet memories have been made in baby Jack's nursery already! One of my favorite times of day is Jack's last feeding in his nursery. I turn on the little lamp, Jack is all cozy in his PJs and fresh from his bath, and I play music while he nurses. It's such a sweet time! 


Links:

1. Ceiling Fan

2. Crib Sheet - https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Jojo-Designs-Wildlife-Elephant/dp/B0B9FB35C9/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=jungle+animal+sheet&qid=1691933510&sr=8-15

3. Changing Table Cover

4. Animal Wall Art

5. Jungle Mobile - https://www.etsy.com/listing/577046822/felt-jungle-nursery-mobile-baby-animal?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=jungle+animal+mobile&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&frs=1&etp=1&sts=1&organic_search_click=1

6. Storage Baskets - https://www.michaels.com/product/medium-natural-water-hyacinth-basket-by-ashland-10709629?michaelsStore=3101&inv=5

7. Curtains - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L8R4CLJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...