Skip to main content

Disney World Part 5

 This is our last Disney recap! We were so sad to see this Disney trip come to a close. The only way to get rid of the "Post-Disney-Blues" is to plan your next trip. ;)

We knew after our marathon-worthy day (Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot) that we would need a slow morning, so that's exactly what we did! We had reservations around 8:00AM at Topolino's Terrace at the Riviera Resort. This was our last character meal and the one I was the most excited for! Reservations for this restaurant are really hard to come by, so I was ecstatic that we had secured one! We got to meet Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie at this particular character meal. 

The menu at Topolino's has fixed prices, which means that no matter what you order it costs the same. Our waiter gave us an insider tip: You can order one item, but with a side of another if you'd like to try more than one item. I ordered the Quiche Lorraine with a side of the sour cream waffles, and Dustin ordered the salmon with a side of the waffles. Sammy ordered the Mickey waffles with bacon and fruit. 


Pretty shortly after we were seated we got this yummy pastry bucket! The pastries were warm, guys. So delicious! You are able to request a refill, but we didn't. 

Sammy was loving life with his Mickey waffle dipper. I didn't get a good picture of his plate, but it came on a artist's palette with lots of dipping options. Needless to say, I wish I hadn't put him in this shirt for this meal - he was a sticky mess!

My meal was absolutely delicious. It was one of my favorite meals of the trip! 

I really think we had the best seats in the house. We were seated in a huge booth that was open to the center. This meant we got a front row view of all of the characters as they passed us. 

After our amazing breakfast we went back to our resort. I wanted to confirm our flights back (I was having a hard time having our confirmation numbers work, insert nerves), and we wanted to all catch a nap and pack a bit before we went to Magic Kingdom that afternoon and evening. Our flights were ridiculously early the next morning, so we wanted to have most of everything ready to go so we could enjoy our time at Magic Kingdom. 

Here we are, back on Dumbo for about the fifth time. My sweet friend, Hannah, made these shirts for our trip! I love that they aren't a "classic" Disney style shirt. 

I tell you what, I think that Sammy would be 100% content with just riding Dumbo and then checking out the circus train afterwards. It's his absolute favorite, and we have a hard time tearing him away from it! 

He's just so full of joy here. 

The rest of our day at Magic Kingdom was filled with hitting our favorite rides again, snacking on delicious food, and seeing the fireworks. This trip was truly one for the books! Sammy enjoyed just about every second and asks us to go back daily. Disney is always a magical place to visit, but the magic is next-level during the holiday season. We are already plotting our return trip! Thank you for reading along about our trip!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...