Skip to main content

Summer Recap


Awww...Summer 2021 was one for the books. Going into this summer I really wanted to focus on waking up each day with an intention. Last summer, well really March-September 2020, felt a LOT like Groundhog's Day to me. We couldn't do much, and our interactions with friends and family were pretty limited.

At the start of this summer I was focused to do SOMETHING every day - even if it was a trip to the grocery store. I am happy to report that this summer did not feel like Groundhog's Day. It just went by too quickly. 


We had SO many popsicles this summer. :)


Sammy got a library card and we loved to visit the library. His favorite part was doing all the puzzles. 


Fourth of July already?! We met Grandma and Grandpa at the parade. 


Sammy quickly learned that the candy being thrown in the best part of the parade.



Sweaty smiles at our annual Fourth of July party. :)



We took a quick trip to the Wisconsin Dells. This is one of my very favorite pictures of my two boys. 


Sammy LOVES pancakes. He was thrilled to eat some at this fun breakfast spot! 


No trip to the Dells is complete without a stop at the Deer Park. This place is the coolest! 


We made a quick pit stop at the Field of Dreams on our way home. Sammy loved seeing how tall the corn was! 


Aunt Becky came from Illinois for her annual visit. We swam in Grammy and Papa's hot tub, went to HyVee for pancakes, and tried so many recipes. 




Before we knew it, it was Papa's birthday! Great Grandma came from Florida to help us celebrate. 



Goodness gracious, the rest of the summer flew! It was a blur of potty training and porch popsicles. A few weeks ago I was dreading the return to work. Well, maybe more dreading the return to waking up and getting out of the house early. Now I'm looking forward to returning to a rhythm and routine and feel like I'm returning to work rested and rejuvenated. Here's to a healthy school year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...