Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I'll be off tomorrow to celebrate with my family. Dustin is off, and I can't wait for a cozy day together filled with lots of yummy food! 


Ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday, I wanted to share my Top 3 Sincere and my Top 3 Silly things that I'm thankful for. Here we go! 

Top 3 Silly Things (in no particular order) that I'm thankful for...

#1 - My heated blanket


Truly, I love nothing more than to "pre-heat" my bed while I'm taking a bath, and crawl into my bed when it's nice and toasty. I happen to have this one. It's one of my favorite parts about winter! 

#2 - My Stanley cup


I love this ridiculous cup and the large amount of water it holds. And the handle on the side and the wide straw? *Chef's kiss*

#3 - Caffeine

At this stage in life where I'm working full-time as a teacher and raising my two boys, I am so thankful for caffeine. I love a Diet Pepsi and I REALLY love a brewed coffee with a seasonal syrup flavor (peppermint + sugar cookie forever) and a splash of half and half. It's the little things in life. 😉

Top 3 Sincere Things  (in no particular order) that I'm thankful for...

#1 - My husband

I'm so thankful for a husband who shares my interests, laughs at my jokes, and keeps me grounded. He's really the best. 

#2 - My kids 

When I look at my boys, there are moments where I think to myself, "I prayed for this." Being a mom is one of the biggest blessings of my life, and I hope I never take it for granted. 

#3 - My faith 


Enough said. 😊

I hope everyone has a great time celebrating Thanksgiving with their families, and eating all the food! See you back here on Friday for Friday Favorites. XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...