Skip to main content

Things I want to remember...

It's October, the leaves are starting to change, and the weather is finally cooperating. Jack has started childcare and Dustin is back to work after 3 weeks of vacation, and we're settling into our grove and reality as a family of four. As we enter another season I wanted to record some memories of things I want to remember at this moment in life. 

#1 Gummy Smiles 

I just don't know if there's much better than gummy smiles and baby giggles. Right now Jack is full of both of them! He loves when you kiss his cheeks by his neck and just giggles away. The best sound of the world! 

#2 Sammy's Giving Spirit


Sammy loves, loves, loves the teachers in his life. He is always trying to pack treats to take to them at preschool, or at his babysitter's home. I'll catch him shopping in the pantry and he'll say, "But mommy, my teacher LOVES these!" I love how thoughtful and generous he is. 

#3 Morning Stretches

One of the things babies know how to do well is to luxuriate in a stretch. When Jack starts waking up for the day he'll scrunch his body into a ball and raise his arms up around his head. Then he'll do a big stretch length-wise, then he'll do another stretch to the other side. We all need to take notes from the babies and stretch more. 😉

#4 Sammy's dinnertime antics 

Sammy loves to play a prank, and does them every night at dinner. His favorite thing to do is to wait for Dustin to get up from the table, then he swaps their plates, or cups or silverware. The funny part is that Dustin is very aware of what Sammy is doing but still manages to act surprised for him every.single.night.. Haha! Another prank he often plays is setting a stuffed animal in someone's chair - that way instead of sitting on a chair you'll end up sitting on a stuffy. He cackles and thinks he is the FUNNIEST in the world when he plays his pranks. 

That's a little update from our home. XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites [7-3-2026]

  It's Friday, and it's the 4th of July Eve! Sounds pretty good to me. 😉 I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from the week.  I'm dipping my toe back into blog world because, well, I am missing documenting my kids' childhoods. It brings me such joy to go back and read through memories from years before documented in old posts, so I'm determined to hang out here a bit more consistently to share life.  This summer, I've got a seven (7?!) year old and a new 3 year old. Someone the other day was talking about what a difference a year makes from summer to summer and it is so true. For example, this year Jack and Sammy love to go play together. Last year, both boys required constant supervision. Last year Jack hated going to the pool, and this year he is a little fish! This is a BIG favorite for me! Last weekend Sammy participated in a "Run Hit Pitch" competition and won first place for hitting in his age division. He was so ...

Friday Favorites [6-14-2024]

  I hate to be the one to point it out...but how in the world is June almost halfway over?! I would like to hit the "slow down" button on summer, please. 😉 Like usual, I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share some favorites from our week. Here we go! You'll notice that many of my "favorites" are food related this week. One of the reasons I love summer is that the cooking is easy, and I can take some time making things I typically wouldn't have time for. Wednesday evening we grilled pork chops and I was hunting for a side dish. I found the ingredients for taco dip and we gobbled it right up. Taco dip is basically a salad, yes?  Jack (and big brother!) have been loving water play this summer. It has been extra warm this week, so it's been a great way to beat the heat.  We had burgers this week using my very favorite  recipe . This meal is probably one of Dustin's most loved meals! Ugh. I love watermelon. I ate SO MUCH of it during my preg...

Friday Favorites [10-4-2024]

Happy, HAPPY Friday!  I hate to even say it outloud, but Jack slept through the night two nights in a row this week. He's been getting so many teeth - all at the same time for about three weeks. This led to lots of broken nights of sleep for our boy. It is AMAZING how much better I feel getting a full night of sleep. Haha.  Needless to say, I'm feeling extra perky this Friday.  I'm linking up with Andrea  and  Erika  to share a few favorites from my week. 😊 Sammy's flag football team is the Chiefs, and so obviously his favorite dog supporter needed to get a matching outfit. Look at Sammy's red cheeks! We're ready for fall weather to arrive in full force over here. Haha.  This week was National Night Out in our town, and Dustin helped work it. I stopped by with the boys, and Jack was genuinely surprised to see so many people who looked like his daddy. He got so excited when he saw the first police car, but was disappointed his daddy wasn't inside. 😉 D...